
The Otis Graphic Design department did a really great job at their senior show this year. Jon's project was awesome. He spent practically all semester and all day and all night working on his project. He designed music posters with fictional line ups. He used both his hand drawn art, graphic design and screen printed everything by hand. He lived in the screen printing lab this last year.




The cool thing about the senior show was that the seniors owned everything...they designed the layout, setup, locations and did all the man work involved as well. From the looks of it, he had fun too.
Jon's senior project: ( I will hopefully get a better picture..the lighting on this one doesn't do them justice)

Close Up of two of the posters:

Standard walking shot right after receiving his diploma.
They had the CEO of Nike (Nike hires a lot of Otis students) speak at the graduation. His talk was very good and reminded us of President Hinckley's "6 Be's" and as it turns out, the CEO of Nike is a member of the Church...so that made sense. They also played the Indiana Jones theme song as the graduates exited...I thought that was really funny, but the entire time they were playing the song, I thought it was the Stars Wars theme song :)
Goodbye: Otis

Close Up of two of the posters:

Standard walking shot right after receiving his diploma.
They had the CEO of Nike (Nike hires a lot of Otis students) speak at the graduation. His talk was very good and reminded us of President Hinckley's "6 Be's" and as it turns out, the CEO of Nike is a member of the Church...so that made sense. They also played the Indiana Jones theme song as the graduates exited...I thought that was really funny, but the entire time they were playing the song, I thought it was the Stars Wars theme song :)Goodbye: Otis
Hello: Graphic Design Job at Eyerus!
I recently asked Jon if he missed going to school and he instantly said "No"...I guess it is still too soon :)
I recently asked Jon if he missed going to school and he instantly said "No"...I guess it is still too soon :)




2 comments:
Yeah Jon!! Dave & I are so proud of the first male Hoeveler college grad!! Way to go! Now that we have shirts with Goons on them, Caleb is wondering what will be next.
Congratulations Jon and to you Mercedes! School is such a long process and it takes a great support system. That is so exciting, good luck with whatever comes next and Jon's project is so awesome!!
Post a Comment