
In our apartment that is...
We are going on day 3 of no water at our place and it just plain sucks. A couple of months ago...actually MANY months ago I noticed that whenever we used our hot water, yellow water would come out of the faucet for the first couple of minutes...gross, I know. Well, I put in a request to get it fixed and our building manager, Brian, came up to "discuss" the problem and basically said that as long as we run the water for awhile before using it, we should be fine and that for him to replace all the pipes would be a huge process involving a pipe going from our kitchen, across the wall in our living room and into our bathroom and numerous holes in the wall. I could tell he wasn't going to do anything about it so I just left it at that. Well, on Saturday, Brian comes running into our apartment, doesn't even knock, in a huge panic (and knocks over my glass of water while doing so!) and tells Jon to turn off the water (Jon was doing the dishes) because we were flooding the apartment below us. It turns out that our gross, rusted pipes have finally gave way. At first, he said we would be safe using only the cold water but upon our trial run living on only ice cold water he came running back into our place yelling that we were once again flooding the place below us and we are not to use ANY of the water in our place and he turned everything off. As an alternative, he is "letting" us use the bathrooms/showers and sinks on the sixth floor penthouse which is vacant. He said this to us as if we should be excited about using their bathrooms! Well, I am not. I prefer my own bathroom thank you. Last night we finally ventured upstairs to the sixth floor to use the showers and they were freezing!! No hot water at all. When we told this to Brian, he said that he forgot to turn on the water heater to that apartment...UGH!
Now we have to go through the huge process of installing this pipe through our apartment and supposedly Brian was going to get "started" on it today. Unfortunately Brian runs on a very slooooow time frame so I really have no idea when he will finish but I really miss our water :(
*Update - Brian didn't even come by today!!!!


1 comment:
dude that sucks! we have water pouring from our ceilings! yeah you guys are dried up and we're soggy isn't life grand that way. hopefully we will have that little problem fixed now -we had a guy come out and put a band aid on our roof :) but I hear ya -major UGH!!
Post a Comment