
Goodbye:
Stinky elevator that had an expired 2005 certificate of inspection proudly on display.
Mushrooms growing from the cottage cheese ceilings.
Water damaged bathroom walls and cardboard ceiling.
Yellow hot water.
Smells of Indian food cooking on Sunday mornings.
View of neighbors balcony, kitchen and neighbor smoking her 80+ cigarette for the day.
1970's yellow and white kitchen tile - the same tile they had in our church's bathroom growing up.
Tandem parking and waking Jon up early in the morning to move cars.
Death defying left turn onto Barrington Street.
Crazy Brian and his need to borrow our car for "emergencies," his unfulfilled promises to fix our ever rundown apartment and his delicious Italian meatballs and sauce.
View of the Pacific Ocean...from our roof.
Consistent 70 degree weather.
Beautiful, antique dinning room chandelier...I wish that I at least tried bribing Brian into letting us take it.
Brentwood zip code and the 3-times its worth rent that went along with it.
Tall blue and white building with its awkward attempt to look French and its huge blue tower acting as our no fail landmark for all our visitors.
I don't quite miss you yet, but I have a feeling one day I will.


7 comments:
haha that was funny. You have a lot of funny stories from living there. I dont think you will miss your crazy intersection ! I always thought your apartment was trying to be greek style, the white houses with the blue roofs, like on santorini....
I know! It was definately a confused style. I say it was trying to be French b/c the official name of the apartment complex is "Tousi Manor" but I never really felt the French vibe....
I laughed at all this and smiled because this now means you are back!! Yipee! How is your new place?? Let me know a day that works for you and we can get together ;)
Where are you moving too??
I am so glad you're back in the burbs. A little jealous of your new huge place, though, have to admit!
Cynthia - -she's back in Santa Clarita -- close to me! You should come visit us!!!
Yes, we moved back to Santa Clarita and I agree with Jacks...Cynthia, you should visit us!!! :)
Post a Comment