Sunday, November 16, 2008

Holiday Lights at the Americana


We went to the Americana in Glendale for their Tree Lighting Ceremony. Now I know what you are thinking...it's not even Thanksgiving yet, but perhaps that is what the Americana was thinking as well because despite the lights and Christmas holiday decor, not much else centered around the holidays. We arrived at 7:00pm for the lighting of the grand Christmas tree, but by 8:30pm we had listened to renditions of Aladdin and Beauty and the Beast songs by two R&B singers as well as having had the opportunity to watch the "famous" boy band, Varsity Fan Club and yet no lights had been lit and no traditional Christmas songs had been sung. At this point half the crowd which mainly included families with little children wanting to see Santa had decided to pack up and leave.

Thierry and Vanessa however decided to get into the spirit of things and enjoy the music from Varsity Fan Club...

Despite the bizarre musical acts and lack of a cohesive theme...we did manage to snap some cute photos.

3 comments:

Denise Stears said...

How fun. Mercedes I can't believe how short your hair is. It's really cute. I remember you always having such long hair.

Kris, Andrea, Lacey, Mia, and Kannon said...

Love the hair and love the pictures!

Ellingsons said...

Ooh, I LOVE when all the lights start going up! I can't get enough of it. Looks like a lot of fun with Vanessa and your hubbies.